Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two Weeks Post Surgery

Well, two weeks have gone by and I now have my follow-up appt with Dr Owens on the 29th of this month. I feel as though I have fully recovered from the surgery. I'm starting to eat yogurts and soft foods. Sometimes I feel full quickly and other times, not so quickly. I know that my band has not been tightened yet...so I'm sure that once it is tightened I will always feel full quickly. I am determined to lose the weight so I try to watch what I eat. I still have some of my old cravings...but I just take it one day at a time. I have avoided mashed potatoes and other soft foods because of the amount of carbs. I continue to drink a protein shake for breakfast...for lunch, I'll have a protein shake or some soup. For dinner I generally eat soup. This week I lost 2 pounds...I notice that the weight isn't dropping as fast. I'm OK with two pounds a week because if I keep it consistant, I will still drop another 40 pounds by the end of May. So, for now, i have lost 22 pounds. We'll see what this new week brings!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda. Had my surgery and wanted to know how long Dr. O said to stay on liquids?? when were you able to try some mushys?? Wendy

    ReplyDelete